- Solid surface is a non porous, non absorbent acrylic polymer material.
- One of the most hygienic and sanitary food preparation surfaces available. Non toxic, nonallergenic.
- NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) approves solid surface material for food prep & the Wisconsin Health Dept approves it as a cutting board for commerical use.
- Never wears out!
- Bacteria and moisture can't penetrate the surface because it is non porous.
- Won't absorb odors.
- Stain resistant - If needed, you can use a non-abrasive cleanser like Barkeeper's Friend or Soft Scrub.
- Non absorbent - No need for dedicated cutting boards - one for meat, one for everything else.
- Heat resistant, use as a trivet/hot pad.
- DISHWASHER SAFE, or simply rinse with soap and water - easy!
- Maintenance free, no need to pamper with oiling or conditioning.
- Tough stuff - Very unlikely to break if dropped.
- Knife Friendly - Knives leave only surface scratches not deep food catching, impossible to get clean gouges.
- Renewable surface - Remove surface scratches by sanding. Starting with 180 grit, then 320 grit, finish with a black 3M Scotchbrite pad that's available at auto part stores, usually for under $3. Your board will look like new!
- Buy one and you're done - you'll never have to replace it, you will however, probably have a burning need for several different sizes and colors!
- We're green as we can possibly be using upcycled repurposed material that would otherwise end up in a landfill.
- Garage crafted one at a time by an upcycled, recycled, somewhat old couple in the beautiful boonies of northern Wisconsin.
Whew...And if that wasn't enough....
Being non porous, it's a perfect surface to roll out doughs, pastry, knead bread, and candy making. Since it's heat resistant, use it as a trivet. Set it right on your table to serve up hot dishes. It's a cold serving platter for appetizers, shrimp, cheese and sausage! Refrigerate to chill. For campers, it's an easy to clean food prep surface and in RV's place it over the sink or stove for extra counter space. Use as a crafty work surface, scrapbooking painting, clay etc.
Oh, and did we mention, IT NEVER WEARS OUT?!
The cutting board does NOT like the oven - it is NOT oven safe. It is HEAT RESISTANT, but don't put blazing hot pans on it.
Psst- Want to Save some cash? Liking & Sharing us on Facebook will get you 5% Off. Click on the FB icon and prepare to be transported.
Custom order for a very satisfied customer. Added 50% more work space to their small kitchen!
Our 12" x 16" cutting board fits across most sinks. A great convenience.
Easy to clean. Pop it in the dishwasher or just a little soap and water does the trick.
No need to hide your cutting board in a drawer.
So NOW WHAT? We are Coby & Denise the entire workforce of Cutting Boards Wisconsin. We consider ourselves to be a somewhat recycled, perfectly aged couple who uses upcycled (fancy word for " cutoffs headed for the landfill") new solid surface material to create beautiful & long lived cutting boards. We garage craft them in the beautiful boonies of northern Wisconsin.
When the economy took a nose dive in 2010, we both found ourselves unemployed. We had to reinvent ourselves and quick! So of course, we decided to make cutting boards. Really? We hatched this idea based on our love of a Corian cutting board we had used for years.
Coby made a few (we found getting the material was the hard part) sanding them as smooth as a baby's behind. This material has such a nice feel to it, silky smooth. We took these to our local farmers market to sell...and they did! Not only that, in the following weeks, zipitty do da, those folks came back for more! During that time, we heard countless stories from people who had owned solid surface cutting boards for 25+ years!! Really? Well who knew!
Based on the overwhelming positive customer feedback, we're 100% convinced these are the best cutting boards you'll ever. own. Our goal now is to garage craft one for every person on earth! We're still working on that and making progress....
So that's how Cutting Boards WI came to be. We're very proud of what we've accomplished and extremely proud of our cutting boards.
Coby & Denise
P.S. In 2012 Denise discovered another way to use Corian. She paints beautiful art on it! Pay a visit to her website at www.ArtfulEarth.com.
Check out the juice catcher feature. We make it extra deep .
Our workshop. Where the magic happens.
Denise, being the artist that she is, one day decided to paint on Corian. Check out her website to see some stunning works of art! www.ArtfulEarth.com